6 March 2009

 

Real men use GUIs

I understand the utility of a command line interface. I even use one on a daily basis even. But I feel comfortable in admitting that I'd much prefer an IDE or GUI any day, because it reflects[1] a basic male instinct that my sex are inherently visual creatures.

Having endured frequent derision from my fellow nerds for a lack of enthusiasm toward text-based interfaces, I'm left with no choice but to liken the command line to a saucy Harold Robbins, and the GUI to a classy gentlemen's interest magazine, from which we can deduce:
CLI: girly
GUI: manly
Ladies, the romantic ol' command line is all yours. Nerdy men, don't deny your chromosomes!


[1] It also acknowledges that certain advancements have been made in the field of computing over the last 30 years.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?